A video of an Elephant doing a headstand has gone viral online and triggered a discussion about animal cruelty.
A video circulating on social media shows an Elephant in a circus-like pose while taking a bath. But the viral video has angered social media users.
The video has been shared by Morissa Schwartz on Twitter with the caption, “I didn’t know Elephants could do this.” It has received over 380k views and has had more than 200 comments mostly expressing the belief that cruel training has been used to train the Elephant to ‘perform’.
Meanwhile, in the video, it could be heard crowd of spectators gasping and cheering at the view. After watching this act by the Elephant, angry viewers took to the comment section to express their outrage. Many of them even claimed that the headstand was not real and the big creature was trained for doing so. People also said that there are chances that the animal was unethically trained to do it to entertain the crowd. The video has spread outrage on the internet.
Here are a just a few of the comments it garnered:
It is very essential for us to understand that these animals go through a lot of fear and pain in making such moves. The humans train them and brutally torture these animals to make them do these poses.
But we, the citizens, can create a groundswell of changes and instil compassion in the hearts of cruel human beings while creating a safe world for Elephants. If you’re genuinely hurt and angered by the atrocities against Elephants, here are nine things you can do right now:
1. Scratch off Elephant rides from your bucket list.
2. Boycott festivals that exploit Elephants and perpetuate cruelty
3. Do not visit zoos, circuses, or any entertainment that involves Elephants or any animals for that matter.
4. Educate yourself and influence your immediate circle of family and friends, creating ripples of change. Gods in Shackles is a great educational aid that exposes the dark truth behind captivity.
6. Write letters and petitions to your elected officials.
7. Remember to vote – you have the power to vote them out.
8. Share this story and help create awareness.
9. Write a science-based review on TripAdvisor and other travel sites.
What you can do to help wildlife
The Mission of Protect All Wildlife is to prevent cruelty and promote the welfare of ALL animals EVERYWHERE.
Please support our work by donating ANY amount, large or small. It only takes a minute and your donations help make our work possible. Thank you for your support.